Sometimes as life sweeps us along it’s all too easy to get lost in the day to day grind. We have so many things to tick off our stuff to do lists, so many obligations and commitments to honour and people to please we forget about making time for ourselves and for the people in our lives who really matter.
So next time you are working out your schedule for another busy week, remember to schedule some fun stuff too.
- Take five minutes out with a cup of tea or coffee first thing in the morning when the house is quiet to count your blessings.
- Factor in some fun time with the kids and the pets.
- Book a date night with your partner.
- Give your Mum and Dad a call or better yet a visit.
- Don’t feel guilty about watching your favourite TV show while the ironing pile gets higher.
- Meet your friends for a coffee and a chat.
- Run a bubble bath, light some candles and switch off from the world for a while.
- Buy some fresh flowers for your home or if money is tight take a walk in the park at lunch time – just being near beautiful things will lift your soul.
- Cut toxic people out of your life.
- Smile more – it’s infectious.